- installing and configuring computers, networks, software, hardware, printers, and scanners.
- Monitoring and upkeep of computer networks.
- Resolving issues and service requests as quickly as possible
- Providing technical support across the organization (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Establishing accounts for new users
- Upkeep and replacement of equipment as necessary
- Install security measures.
- Give technical assistance to company employees and troubleshoot computer problems
- Installing and updating necessary company software and hardware.
- Calculate and make public the cost of upgrading or replacing the components in your computer.
- Maintaining the security of the physical and virtual components of information technology, such as the installation of firewalls and the protection of server rooms.