- Conducting land surveys on various properties.
- Reading and interpreting drawings and topographic maps.
- Measuring distances and angles of the land surface.
- Using the required land surveying equipment.
- Calculating the measurements and determining boundaries of the land site.
- Assist with construction staking or site layout surveys
- Perform topographic and as-built survey
- Carrying out surveys of the environment with construction projects in mind
- Producing maps using GPS, surveying instruments, digital images and satellite photographs
- Analysing data using geographic information systems (GIS) and drawing charts using computer-aided design (CAD)
- Monitoring changes in the land during the construction process
- Use equipment and tools to accurately measure land features (e.g. longitudes, latitudes etc)
- Build maps, sketches, and charts
- Report on survey results and present findings to designated authorities.
- Collaborate with engineers and architects on several projects
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Surveying and Geo informatics, Land Surveying or similar
- Proven three years (minimum) work experience working as a Land Surveyor or a similar position.
- Proficiency in land surveying software such as SurveCE, FieldGenius, X-PAD Survey, etc.
- Working knowledge of GPS and GIS
- Tech savvy, including proficient use of CAD software
- Aptitude in math and problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Professional certifications is an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.