- Full time
- 8 months ago
- Prepare work-plans and schedules, allocate work to laundry staff and set laundry production
- Receive or collect used up linen for cleaning and record or classify it according to its sources from different wards and units of the hospital.
- Sort and classify and mark or tag dirty linen according to its source in the hospital, type, color and maintenance specifications for laundering in the hospital.
- Determine spotting procedures and proper solvents, detergents and other cleaning materials based on fabric and stain types in the laundry unit of the hospital.
- Pre-soak, sterilize, scrub, spot-clean, and dry contaminated or stained articles, using neutralizer solutions and portable machines in the laundry unit of the hospital.
- Spray steam, water, or air over spots to flush out chemicals, dry material, raise naps, or brighten colors of garments in the laundry unit of the hospital.
- Load dry-cleanable garments into washers or dry-cleaning machines, add detergents and other washing materials and start the washing process in the laundry unit of the hospital.
- Use other cleaning procedures to clean and dry non-dry-cleanable linen in the laundry unit of the hospital.
- Operate machines that comb, dry and polish furs, clean, sterilize and fluff feathers and blankets, or roll and package towels in the laundry unit of the hospital.