Are you the best architect on your team and ready to take your skills to the next level? Are you excited about using cutting-edge cloud-native technologies to rebuild dozens of software applications?
Join our team for a unique opportunity to fast-track your software architecture career. Most architects work on one or two products a year, in this role you will work on a different product every week and make technical decisions for over 100 software products. You will learn about, follow, and expand on dozens of architectural design patterns; refining and applying your skills on a daily basis.
This is a purely technical role and is a great fit for people who are passionate about architectural designs, put a lot of thought into their technical decisions, and are looking for an avenue to use them/write them down to shape the product architecture and see them come to fruition.
What You Will Be Doing
- Extracting Functional and Non-functional requirements from higher-level technical specifications, typically a different product every week.
- Researching and using products from different domains and browsing architecture documents to develop a deeper understanding of the product and the proposed architectural design.
- Expanding on dozens of state-of-the-art architecture design patterns by making the next-level technical design decisions that further define the product architecture.
- Developing a broad Cloud services expertise as you will be constantly challenged to learn new technologies, identify their limitations, and make technical decisions about how to use and integrate them as part of rebuilding 100s of products using modern cloud-native stacks.
- Defining the acceptance criteria to measure engineering deliverables against
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Permanently assigned to a single product.
- Managing long feature backlogs, defining project timelines, or allocating resources.
- Providing day-to-day direction to an engineering team.
Lead Software Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Defining Functional and Non-Functional requirements for a release by extracting them from higher-level technical product specifications.
- Making the Next-Level Technical Design Decisions that follow the next-level detail of how to use/integrate the technology choices defined in the higher-level spec.
- Producing well-written specifications that document your design decisions and outline the functional and non-functional requirements for a release.
- Reviewing and Signing off on Engineering deliverables to make sure that your design is well implemented.
- A university degree including the study of data structures, algorithms, and computing fundamentals.
- At least 3 years of experience writing Object-oriented production code for a commercial software company.
- At least 2 years leading a development team, i.e. responsible for reviewing code written by other, setting dev standards
- At least 1 year of experience making important architecture and design decisions; such as data domain modeling, application of design patterns, and design using third-party components.
- Some experience designing for cloud computing paradigms (such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform).
- The ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them with clear, logical thinking.
- Experience rebuilding/redesigning existing products on top of entirely new cloud services (for example all the AWS services beyond EC2 and S3).
- Experience writing technical architecture documents
- AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications
Method of Application: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/search/currentJobId=1890674198&geoId=104471338&location=Gabon