Youverify’s mission is to be the most reliable source of identity, address and background data verification. Since been peer-selected by cohort members of Village Capital PayPal Fintech 2018, Youverify has continued to shift the verification landscape with our product offerings. As a company that provides modern and compliant identity and address verification services for government, global enterprises and startups, Youverify knows first-hand how difficult it may be for business to verify the identity of their customers, staffs and partners and we want to help to make this process as simple and as easy as possible.
We are recruiting
Youverify is looking for a Legal Counsel to join our team who will be responsible for providing highest quality of effective legal services and compliance advice to the company in the most efficient manner as well as provide support in the delivery of corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters.
- Provide legal support and advice to management on relevant legal issues
- Ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations and other formalities
- Ensure compliance with all relevant data protection and cyber security regulations,
- Calculate and handle risks in business process and decision making
- Draft legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements etc.
- Execute procedures for protecting patents, trademarks, and industrial designs
- Handle litigation
- Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the companyТs legal function
- Act as our in-house data protection and compliance officer
- Act as the company secretary
- Perform other duties as required by the management.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in Legal counselling
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Law
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association is required
In addition to the requirements listed above, candidate need to possess a combination of the following soft skills:
- Integrity and honesty
- Effective communication and Interpersonal skill
- Problem-solving and analytical skill
- Critical thinking
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Full medical coverage
- Very attractive Remuneration
- A unique opportunity of growth and having strong impact in building the African identity and data management sector
- Top Range Machines