- Initiate a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Doctor/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction.
- Provide health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings.
- Monitor immunizations, manage communicable diseases and assess the University environment so as to prevent injury and ensure safety.
- Explain procedures and treatments to patients to gain cooperation, understanding, and alleviate apprehension.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.