- Logistics managers are responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as warehousing, inventory, transportation, and supply chain processes. Logistics managers typically supervise a team of warehouse staff or other logistics specialists.
- The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction, and financial commitments are met
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements.
- Partner and communicate with manufacturers, suppliers, and customers
- Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Respond to any issues or complaints.
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Evaluate budgets and expenditures.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, and accuracy and timeliness targets
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost
Academic Qualification and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Manager.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Proficient in standard logistics software.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports.