Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) is a non-profit rights-basedorganization committed to ending sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in North-eastern Nigeria and assisting victims of SGBV in accessing services, maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. GRA provides evidence-based grassroots interventions towards promoting social accountability, community-based prevention and response to ending SGBV and violence against girls and women (VAWG).
GRA is an implementing partner of UN Women on a 2-year project funded under the Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) and EU-UN Spotlight Initiative on Ending Violence against Women and Girls (Spotlight Initiative) in Adamawa, Yobe and Borno State. For more information, visit: www.grassrootresearchers.org.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Communications Officer supports the design, development and implement effective systems to monitor progress, impacts, and successes of project activities and performance across all country projects. S/he supports the collection, analysis and processing of complex data related to all aspects of program activity implementation. S/he will also support the preparation of impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys and needs assessments to identify necessary changes and future project opportunities. S/he will also have experience in photography, videography, writing news, impact and feature stories.
- Develop /draft the M&E framework for GRA projects to ensure that they meet the donor requirements and maximizes evidence generation;
- Implement efficient and logical data flow systems that build off of existing national data collection mechanisms and ensure timely gathering of project data;
- Institute data quality assessments and other data quality assurance measures to ensure data collected for GRA projects are accurate and reliable;
- Collaborate with regional project teams, and support them in successful implementation;
- Conducts data collection, verification and supports in report writing for all GRA programs;
- Support in training projects partners on data collection, project monitoring and evaluation;
- Support s GRA Program Managers in the development of proposals, specifically the theory of change and measurement plans;
- Assist GRA Program Managers in managing the portfolio of projects and administration of projects using relevantsystems;
- Work in close cooperation with relevant managers to meet the monitoring and evaluation needs of the donors and business partners;
- Closely monitor and report on the results and progress made with regard to project implementation and provide feedback to the Program Manager and regional staff;
- Work closely with the Program Manager and support the preparation of quarterly, annual, planning and progress reporting;
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in monitoring & evaluation, quality management, and introduce them to the organization;
- Support in communicating programme impact;
- Prepare budgeting for project MEL programs as well as additional fundraising for monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide technical support and advice on public relations and communications at HQ and field offices;
- Assist in the coordination of initiatives that enhance communication with key stakeholders and facilitate the use of appropriate media to generate visibility for GRA’s brand among external audiences;
- Support the development of documentation and dissemination of experiences, lessons learnt, impact stories, best practices and case studies;
- Assist in taking and editing pictures, audio and video recordings for documentation purposes and for sharing with partners and key stakeholders;
- Assist in the production of newsletters, materials, publicity materials such as brochures, pamphlets, documentaries, annual reports and special publications etc. as directed by management;
- Assist in maintaining GRA’s official social media platform sites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.) and keep them current, relevant, updated and interactive, while ensuring implementation of emergent platforms;
- Assist in designing promotional publications, including graphic arts and photography forGRA;
- Develop press materials including press statements and releases, and information kits/fact sheets;
- Actively work with regional staff on content gathering based on data analysis and learning generated from projects;
- Support Program Manager and regional team in content review for regional/public outreach materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree (minimum), or a Master’s degree (desirable), in Social Sciences, Project Management, or relevant subject, preferably with specialisation in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience with at least 3 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in an NGO.
- Experience in Project Management monitoring and evaluation tools, systems and technology.
- High level proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis, experience of proficiently operating M&E software.
- Demonstrable experience of designing M&E tools, surveys, and evaluations.
- Proficiency in photography and video editing software and tools.
Specific Job Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and managerial capacity.
- Strong leadership, strategic planning and management skills with an ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Experience in technical report writing and research activities.
- IT literate (word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation).
- Must be dynamic, self-motivated, and able to demonstrate high initiative.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should submit their applications addressed to the Executive Director, Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) via: email@example.com
- All applications MUST indicate the position title and reference number as the subject line. Any applicant that did not quote the reference number correctly would be disqualified.
- All applications must include 1-page Cover Letter and CV (4 pages maximum).
- Applications must be sent as a single PDF or MS Word attachment not later than 30th November, 2020 by 12:00pm (WAT).
- Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- GRA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
- GRA is an accountability-driven organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity/gender, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for GRA jobs.
- GRA does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc.). GRA does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.