- Responsible for the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / pycho-social-related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
Description of the Responsibilities / Activities
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counselling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psychosocial needs
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve the mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Psycho-social counselling experience of at least 2 years with MSF or other NGOs.
- Previous Supervisor role where you were responsible for coaching, mentoring, supervising, training and setting and evaluating performance objectives with individuals?
- People Management.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Knowledge of English and Local Language (Hausa) is required to communicate with patients.