National Procurement Officer (NPO)
- Undertake procurement activity as per the draft Procurement Plan which provides the estimated costs and the basis for the procurement methods for each procurement item under the programme.
- Prepare technical specifications for procurement of goods, works and services.
- Prepare bidding documents, tender notices, and invitations for bids
- Receive, open and evaluate bids, as well as finalize contracts
- Administer contracts to ensure compliance with the contracts conditions, payment terms.
- Maintain all the records relating to procurement.
- Maintain a separate records relating to complaints and their redressal,
- Update periodically the Procurement Plan in agreement with the Programme team to reflect the actual programme implementation needs and improvements in institutional capacity
- Ensure implementation of agreed procurement arrangements.
- Prepare procurement implementation reports in accordance with the reporting requirements of IFAD and the Government for the NPMU and consolidated reports for the entire programme.