- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks.
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, and other network computing hardware.
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security.
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Investigating faults in the network.
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.