- Ensure that the Country Office has a comprehensive Business Development Strategy in place, which is in line with the Country Strategy, and is implemented and monitored effectively.
- Identify, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from bilateral, multi-lateral, and other institutional donors.
- Position Country Office to successfully win and manage medium and large grants, including support management of Country Portfolio and setting of financial targets
- Lead development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Program, Operations, Awards and Finance team for proposal development.
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities.
- Track up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement and proposal development process.