Operations Director – Mechanical Engineering
- Review and coordination of mechanical engineering design submittals from contractors, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders for the client.
- Review technical submissions and design layouts as well as material submittals from contractors.
- Lead, by example, the team of Mechanical Engineers by delegating work according to project priorities, technical challenges and contractual milestones.
- Plan and maintain project budgets and schedule planning activities with team and managers.
- Attend and lead progress & technical meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
- Take part in project and risk management reviews.
- Coordinate between the construction and contractors’ engineering teams ensuring that all requirements are conveyed clearly and delivered upon.
- Coordinate with quantity surveyors or payment appreciations and change orders.
- Assist the Technical Office Manager on Technical and Department issues.
- Review and approve the shop drawings, Material Submittals with respect to the project Specification and Standards of practice submitted by contractors.
- Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works.
- Review Contractor’s material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Technical Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
- Review Contractor’s proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the mechanical engineering packages.
- Support review of subcontractors’ invoices, when required for technical assistance.
- Documenting project issues/conditions