- Administering and supporting Oracle production databases spanning Multi-Terabyte in size on different platforms.
- Maintain databases in accordance with internal standards, access control and security guidelines.
- Ensure high availability, timely backups and if necessary restores of production databases.
- Work closely with development and QA to troubleshoot connectivity or query problems for applications dependent on Oracle environment.
- Work with Oracle support services to resolve issues.
- Provide off hours on-call support and work off hours as necessary.
- Test and apply database software patches and upgrades.
- Regular monitoring/tuning activities to include analysis of AWR reports to look for database performance trending and/ anomalies