- Ensure all parts of the park are operating effectively in terms of staff and equipment.
- Oversee the effective application of health and safety regulations and risk assessment to ensure a safe environment for park employees and the public.
- Plan and implement strategies to achieve continual improvements in visitor and employee satisfaction.
- Create new events and experiences for visitors.
- Set budgetary and cost control strategies.
- Projects manage general park developments, including ride design.
- Liaise with contractors, e.g., for the installation and integration of facilities.
- Deal with human resources and personnel.
- Build effective staff teams, through performance management, training, and development.
- Keep abreast of developments in the industry, both internal and external, such as changes in legislation.
- Understand local community issues and build relationships with local government and external partners.
- Maintain a critical oversight of marketing functions.
- Monitor competition.
Qualification And Requirements
- B.Sc / HND in Business / Management, Engineering, Facilities Management, Hotel And Catering Or Hospitality Management, Leisure, Travel or Tourism Management, Marketing, or any related courses.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as Amusement Park Manager in the industry.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Sound business and commercial acumen.
- Leadership skills and the ability to delegate.
- Good judgement.
- Energy and resilience.
- Marketing skills.
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.