- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
Requirements and Skills
- Certificate in Culinary arts, Pastry-making, Baking or relevant field.
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role.
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- Organizing and leadership skills.
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge.
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition.
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless. etc.)
N50,000 – N60,000 Monthly