Responsible for the management and coordination of medical and non-medical supplies in order to ensure compliance to policies, rules, systems and procedures of therapeutic drug management at ZDF health facilities. The manager will coordinate support for HIV/AIDS commodities and supplies helping to guide the overall project approach and strategy for supply chain issues. S/he will interface with senior officials in the GRZ, ZDF, and MSL, to resolve issues and ensure efficiencies in the supply chain system.
Roles & Responsiblilties
- Strengthen public sector medical/supply and commodity procurement capacity
- Improve use of medicines and more effective pharmaceutical services
- Strengthen GRZ strategic planning and management capacity
- Improve availability of commodities including supplies at site level
- Improved logistics management information systems
- Monitor stock levels at all levels.
- Build capacity of programmatic and procurement staff to identify re-order points for commodities, packaging, promotional, and other materials.
- Assist program staff and regional sites to forecast required needs accurately and to request for supplies/stocks in a timely manner.
- Supporting coordination efforts between USG supply chain implementing partners.
- Attend relevant TWG meetings and represent the project
- Monitor communication channels between programmatic and supply chain staff to avoid bottlenecks and miscommunications. Share key reports with all relevant users.
- Identify training needs and secure training and development activities, including providing on the job support to pharmaceutical personnel in ZDF health facilities
- Making recommendations, with appropriate counterparts, regarding commodity management and distribution for PEPFAR supported medicines or commodities, such as treatment regimens, laboratory reagents, equipment, male circumcision (MC) kits and TB
- Ensure the procurement of all health commodities and pharmaceutical products is in line with international and national (Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority) regulations and s/he must sit on the evaluation committee prior to purchase.
- Monitor and control the distribution of all SFHs pharmaceutical and allied products on behalf of the organization in all the platforms and sites in conjunction with partner organizations.
- Follow up on compliance and payment of statutory fees with Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZMRA).
- Other tasks as needed
Required Qualifications, Knowledge And Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmaceuticals
- A registered member of ZIPS, CIPS, and Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Knowledge on pharmaceutical regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at management level
- Three (3) years’ experience with management of activities for laboratory, pharmaceutical and public health supply chain; including designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating activities in the delivery of supply chain and pharmaceutical management programs.
- Relevant experience in the following areas:
- Design and project management of programs to build national systems capacity required.
- Procurement and supply chain management, or other relevant pharmacy or health commodities logistics sector.
- Working with priority health programs (HIV & TB), as well as supply chain and pharmaceutical management systems specific to HIV & TB
- Knowledge and experience of ICT based office tools and applications (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, PowerPoint)
- Being amicable
- Being self motivated, proactive and dynamic
- Presentation and communication in different settings
- Being analytical
- Being professional, organized and diligent
- Risk management
Apply for this job online : https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1897893022/?alternateChannel=search