The S/he willwork directly with the Executive Director to support various projects acrossmultiple thematic area
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform excellently on this role, the candidatemust be able to perform each of the following essential duties andresponsibilities:
- Supports management in providing management and technical oversight of programs, ensuring that program activities are effectively and efficiently implemented
- Provides management and support for work planning (research and non-research), project implementation, budget development and tracking, and sub awards management within established policies and principles of SEEPRIN, within the regulations and standards set by the donor;
- Ensures that rigorous analytical management systems are in place and that staff are capable of enforcement of compliance of these systems to achieve financial administrative and programmatic goals;
- Excellent skill in opportunity scanning, concept and proposal development, marketing and resource mobilization
- Oversees work plan monitoring systems development and implementation
- Provide support to various administrative and finance support units to ensure projects receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner;
- Provides timely and accurate programmatic reports and other contractual deliverables to management and donors as required;
- Works with the Project leadership in communicating with donors and partners about the project
- Provides training, mentoring and coaching to program management and project staff
- Supervise and manage the program team to ensure conformity to the project goals and deliverables.
- Ensure that project activities are executed successfully, completed within time frames and project scope to meet program objectives
- Ensure timely writing of program reports for review and thereafter onward submission to Executive Director and the donor as stipulated in sub contract agreement;
- Use creative strategies to comprehensively identify and clearly synthesize complex information about various research studies; develop publishable articles based on rigorous scientific evidence, policy issues, program evaluations
- Provide guidance and advice to the program management team on technical issues and related advocacy in projects
- Network and maintain a dialogue with relevant stakeholders e.g. Government Institutions, National and International Development Organizations to ensure collaboration and synergy on projects and sharing of experiences.
- Support the media and communications effort in preparation and dissemination of program-related and non program-related information.
- Support the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on programs by ensuring the collection of relevant baseline information and formulation of indicators that are sensitive to program delivery.
- Assist with other team and organizational activities as may be required
Position has day to day supervisoryduties and will also be required to supervise ad-hoc staff from time to time.
Education and Professional Experience
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
KnowledgeManagement and Learning
● ● ● Developmentand Operational Effectiveness
● ● ● ● Managementand Leadership
● ● ● ● ● Builds strongrelationships with within and outside the organization
Method of Application – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Interested and qualified applicantsshould send an application package consisting of
- Suitability Statement for the role
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with desired salary at the top left corner of the document
- Soft copy of academic publications or programmatic report previously written
The package should be sent in the orderlisted above in a SINGLE PDF FILE to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position title as the subject ofthe email on or before Wednesday 20th January 2021.
NB: Please note that applications that does not follow the methoddescribed above will be rejected.