Reports To: Health Coordinator/Director
JDPC Enugu Diocese is currently engaging in the Enugu State Faith-Based Action for Scaling up Testing and Treatment for the Epidemic Response (FASTER) project. FASTER in line with Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) will catalyze progress towards achieving UNAID’ 95-95-95 targets by addressing structural barriers to pediatric HIV testing and treatment, expanding innovation, and scaling up what works through six priority actions in Enugu State
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Serve as the focal contact for the subgrant.Provide Program management oversight to all project staff.
- Responsible for technical oversight of the project including planning, reporting, and supervising all operational administrative processes.
- Provide direction on project implementation and ensure the overall goal, expected results, and reporting requirements are met.
- Facilitate transparency among and between members to promote team coordination and effectiveness.
- Promote program linkages between JDPC Enugu, FASTER, FBO network and relevant government agencies.
- Ensure timely, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by the donor.
- Facilitate advocacy strategies that strengthens FBO and government collaboration.
- Support the formalization of partnership between FBO network that engage in community health services, and relevant government agencies in implementing state.
- Work with relevant government agencies to support the mapping of FBOs in the state.
- Support capacity building activities for PMT, FBO network and government agencies.
- Support OTZ and other adolescent friendly activities in FASTER priority sites in the state.
- Support capacity building for religious leaders and gatekeepers on pediatric and adolescent HIV services.
- Support activities that reduces HIV related stigma and discrimination, promote congregational HIV testing, disclosure counseling and other best practices such as “Baby showers” model of HIV case identification across supported communities.
- Provide regular supportive supervision to PMT to ensure the achievement of expected results.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree. Masters or higher added advantage) in the Social Sciences (i.e. Sociology, Psychology), Public Health, Child Health, International Development, or in an area relevant to Gender, Health, Child Protection and HIV/AIDs.
- Strong knowledge of the HIV, OVC, social welfare and health sectors in Nigeria.
- Minimum 3 years in the developing world in project management positions with progressive management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID/CDC project/awards management including USAID rules and regulation and reporting requirements.
- Experience collaborating with state governments and local partners to implement development projects.
- Excellent partnership and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment with dependable ability to dialogue, network, and work effectively with partners.
For more information: Call the Executive Director, Very Rev. Fr. Dr. Donatus Chukwudi Onuigbo on 08164331439 Or The program Manager, Chioma Ononyaba on 08037514715