- The programme officer will support the implementation of an EU funded project RIC (Response to the Impact of COVID-19) in Yobe State. The project will be implemented by Mercy Corps in close collaboration with the Yobe State Government and Community Resilience groups.
- The Officer is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of conditional cash (CCT) to individual household’s members and youths for enterprise development and implements all aspects of Social Protection, Agric and Market Systems Development component of CASH & Livelihoods Programme.
- The Officer will be required to apply a wide variety of market development tools and approaches in order to catalyze innovative services and facilitate linkages between market actors in the assigned Programme areas.
- The Officer will work closely with the Field Manager, MEL team, and operations staff (including finance and operations) to ensure that activities are implemented according to schedule, budget and required quality.
- The Programme office reports directly to the Field Manager.
The Project-specific objectives:
- Vulnerable and conflict-affected households from targeted communities meet their basic needs, increase savings, and have improved access to basic health, WaSH, and nutrition services.
- Vulnerable and conflict-affected households have restored and improved livelihoods that are more resilient to conflict and climate shocks and stresses.
Essential Job Functions
Strategy and Vision:
- Contribute to Mercy Corps Nigeria countrywide and regional conflict management, peacebuilding, and governance strategy development.
- Contribute to collective vision and direction for the EU-RIC-19 project to achieve the highest level of impact.
- Ensure high quality of the project through innovation, active pursuit of lessons learned, adaptability to changing dynamics, and integration of related programming for increased impact.
- Collaborate with other internal agency units to drive forward the quality and innovation of MCN programming in NE Nigeria.