As Project Manager you will be responsible for the management of Cedar Tanzania’s current project portfolio as well as for the design of new projects in line with the organisation’s strategy and focus areas.
You will closely plan project activities and interventions with a team of field officers who are implementing the activities on the ground. You will support the field team in their daily operations, monitor, evaluate and report on project success and closely oversee project budgets and timelines.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about community development, able to adapt quickly in a multicultural team and shows a supportive and respectful attitude towards the team and community members alike.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Management of Cedar Tanzania’s project portfolio (currently five ongoing projects and two in the developing stage), translating project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans including preparing related work plans/GANTT charts, conducting risk analysis, etc.
- Line managing of the Cedar Tanzania field team (currently three members), providing support and directing their daily activities to ensure effective implementation of project activities, and building their capacity.
- Implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Assessment and Learning (MEAL) activities.
- Creating and maintaining oversight of projects budget, timelines and quality assurance.
- Writing of project reports for various internal and external stakeholders.
- Development of new projects in line with Cedar Tanzania’s focus areas.
- Involvement in the development of project and communication strategies.
- Support the grant-writing team with project relevant info, providing technical support and communication activities where needed.
As project descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the Project Manager may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.