- The project manager oversees the planning and delivery of construction projects. They ensure that work is completed on time and within budget.
- They organize logistics, delegate work, and keep track of spending. As a project manager, you’d liaise with clients and construction professionals to arrange schedules and direct activities. A Project Manager is responsible for planning, overseeing, and leading projects from ideation through to completion.
- This is a senior role at an organization and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously. An ideal Project Manager job description should capture the nuances and variation of this senior role, seeking multi-skilled and highly capable candidates.
- As a project manager, you will be responsible for helping to keep projects on a realistic timescale and budget. This involves selecting and leading a project team and ensuring you are aware of all details so you can keep a client up to date.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding what the client or company wants to achieve
- Agreeing timescales, costs, and resources needed to deliver a project
- Drawing up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of a project
- Selecting and leading a project team
- Negotiating with contractors and suppliers
- Directing a multi-disciplinary team
- Communicating with staff at every level, in a calm, personable way
- Overseeing several projects at the same time
- Ensuring that each stage of the project happens on time, on budget, and to a high standard
- Reporting regularly on progress to the client and stakeholders
- Coordinating market and customer research
- Resolving any issues or delays
- Demonstrating knowledge of all areas of construction
- Writing bids for the tender
- Managing several projects simultaneously with the support of junior project managers
- Working in an office or on a construction site.
As a project manager you should possess:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 6 – 20 years of work experience.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high-stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills