Job Objective / Role Definition
- Prepare BOQ and Budgets for projects and monitor such projects to ensure that company’s Profit, Time and Quality objectives are achieved consistently.
- Ensure that targeted profit margins for each project milestones are achieved. This should be done through very strict project monitoring programs.
- Major Result’s measurement: Target profit is defined as stated BOQ profit plus 15% savings on projected material wastages on project site.
BOQ, Project Budget and Quotation for Variation Work
- Ensure that accurate and reliable Bills of Quantities and Budget are prepared for all projects and approved by relevant authority.
- Copies of approved budget must be made available to the Site Project leader and the Accountant.
- Quotation for variation works must be prepared and the consultant QS approval obtained at least a week before commencement of the job on site except in exceptional cases that must be brought to the prior knowledge of the senior Engineer or General Manager as appropriate.
- Major Result’s measurement: Zero incidence of late submission of quotation for variation work.
Material Requisition and Delivery to Project Site:
- Ensure that all materials required on project site are made available timely.
- This includes the following steps which must be effected on time.
- Establish re-order levels for all frequently used materials for each site.
- Request must be made early to allow sufficient time for approval and ordering and timely delivery of material to site.
- Monthly stock position must be taken and figures obtained included in monthly project status report.
- Any issue(s) that could cause a delay in the ordering process must be reported to the GM or MD.
- Major result’s measurement: Zero incidence of non-delivery of required material to site.
Cost Vetting and Payment:
- Ensure that all requests for payment and reimbursement are properly vetted before presentation for approval for payment.
- The following procedures must be followed for payment approval.
- Request from site Engineers must be accompanied by a signed job completion certificate.
- Request must be vetted and passed on for approval without delay. Engineers must not be allowed to be idle in the office waiting for payment approval. All disagreement must be resolved within the hour and request approved or rejected.
- Major result’s measurement: Zero incidence of pending payment not caused by lack of fund.
- Prepare and submit at agreed times the following Reports:
- Valuation Report (Monthly)
- Project Financial Report status – This report will contain information on end of period status report, cost/budget performance and cost projection for the next period- (Fortnightly). Site Inventory position must be reported for the end of month report.
- Material cost Survey update report (Monthly)
- Major result’s measurement: A report is deemed late not when submitted 24hrs after the due date. Poorly reports e.g. reports with inaccurate data and submissions will be penalized.
Project Tracking and Implementation:
- Track and Evaluate Project performance against stated performance indicators and remediate as required.
- Major result’s measurement: Tracking reports must be submitted as when due and any deviation from agreed milestones must be investigated and remedial actions taken for negative deviations Whilst actions that resulted in positive deviation are reinforced.
- Ensure that you are at your work station on time. Lateness and cases of absenteeism will be penalized.
- Major result’s measurement: The attendance Logbook will be maintained on all sites
- QS must be able to function with minimum supervision. The exhibition of skilful application of knowledge in achieving desired results will be highly rewarded.
- Any suggestion or initiative that result in improved processes, better quality work or increased profit will be rewarded with significant points.
- Major result’s measurement: Problem resolution on-site with minimum assistance from senior management, innovative cost-saving initiatives etc will be rewarded.
- Ensure that a good and cordial working relationship is maintained with the client at all times.
- Major result’s measurement: Positive feedback from the client on customer service.
- Very quick response to the site Engineer’s request for materials or funds for labour payment or jobs already done or to be done.
- Major result’s measurement: Unless for exceptional cases, all requests must be attended to within a few hours.
- B.Sc or HND in Quantity Surveying
- 8 years experience in a construction company
- Must have managed projects individually valued at N300m.
- A thorough knowledge of construction contracts management
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.