Diagnosing, monitoring and examining women during pregnancy;
– Developing, assessing and evaluating individual programs of care;
– Providing full antenatal care, including screening tests in the hospital, community and the home;
– Identifying high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists;
– Arranging and providing parenting and health education;
– Providing counseling and advice before and after screening and tests;
– Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death;
– Supervising and assisting mothers in labour, monitoring the condition of the foetus and using knowledge of drugs and pain management;
– Giving support and advice on the daily care of the baby, including breastfeeding, bathing and making up feeds;
Liaising with agencies and other health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care;
– RN or RM or RNM in Nursing is required.
– At least 2 years work experience as a midwife.
– Must live in Ikorodu, Lagos or reside within proximity.
– Applicant must not be more than 40 years of age
– Must reside in Ikorodu, Lagos or within proximity to Ikorodu.