A top School in Abuja needs the services of a School Counselor, you will be responsible for helping students achieve academic success, personal growth, and career readiness. You will work with students to identify their strengths and weaknesses and provide them with support, guidance, and resources to help them overcome any challenges they may face.
- Provide individual and group counseling to students on a variety of issues including academic, social, emotional, and career development.
- Develop and implement programs and services that promote student success, such as academic planning, career exploration, and mental health awareness.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to develop strategies for student success.
- Evaluate student progress and adjust interventions and plans as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of student interactions and progress.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with research and best practices in counseling and education.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to improve skills and knowledge.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or related field.
- Minimum of 5yeares of Experience
- State certification as a school counselor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse student populations.
- Knowledge of student development, counseling theories, and career development.
- Understanding of ethical and legal issues in counseling.
- Experience working with children and adolescents preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.