- He/she will also perform hazardous material, fire and safety inspections on the Embassy Compound and when required at all Embassy Abuja’s residential leased properties.
- The position documents inspection results that aid FAC in ordering supplies and developing work schedules to correct the discrepancies found.
- The incumbent serves as a Facilities American Escort for FAC and Contract personnel and will assist the Post Occupational Safety and Health Officer (POSHO) and the Assistant POSHO in performing his/her duties.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year prior work experience in general office work, management or security related position is required.
- Job Knowledge: General knowledge of security procedures and mission operations is required. Thorough knowledge of office procedures is required.
- Completion of Secondary School or high school diploma
Evaluations – Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed:
- Language: Good working knowledge of English Language is required.
- Skills And Abilities:
- Must be able to perform manual labor, lifting or carrying boxes, moving equipment and machinery, unloading trucks at the loading dock as required. Duties include prolonged periods of standing and physically demanding activities to include climbing, cramped spaces and work in inclement weather.
- Ability to perform general office duties include administrative tasks and use of computer. Must be able to lift or carry up to 35 pounds and ability to deal effectively with others to obtain their cooperation.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **