The Senior Advisor, Organizational Capacity Development for this project will be responsible for leading a broad spectrum of activities, including technical excellence in design and delivery of capacity development interventions, communication and coordination with project partners to facilitate capacity strengthening activities.
- Oversees and coordinates the provision of organizational capacity development and technical assistance, ensuring high standards in technical assistance delivery, ensuring the project is meeting the technical assistance plan goals and milestones, and appropriate resources are deployed as necessary;
- Provides senior technical expertise and guidance to all capacity development activities within the geographical regions specified by the project;
- Liaises and coordinates with key stakeholders related to the capacity development portfolio Coordinates closely with the Technical team leadership to ensure capacity strengthening is in line with program objectives and goals.
- Design and conduct organizational development training courses that are substantive, engaging and motivating
- Design and facilitate participatory processes for the development and management of strategic organizational development initiatives and plans;
- Monitors and oversee the process of identifying technical assistance needs of local partners, to move local partners toward direct funding from the US Government and sharing key results with program leadership and donors.
- Identify and source technical assistance from the project consortium or local resources as needed to ensure grantee needs are met.
- Play lead role in developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders and local/regional/national groups that support the needs of Key Populations.
- Develops and nurtures a range of partnerships with civil society, the private sector, and other key partners by regularly meeting and consulting with all relevant agencies to share information and to stimulate joint design and implementation of interventions.
- Represents FHI 360 and the project in professional and public settings and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences in Zambia.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree is preferred in Social Sciences, Organizational Development, Human Resource Management, Public Administration or a related field.
- At least 10 years specialized experience in providing technical assistance and organizational capacity development preferably with indigenous CSOs focused on HIV.
- At least 10 years of senior management experience including working with NGOs
- Deep understanding of PEPFAR/USAID-funded policies and programs
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing capacity development interventions across the region. Deep knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to capacity development for indigenous CSOs.
- Experience with U.S. government contractual requirements and experience working in an international NGO/PVO environment desirable.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
Knowledge And Skills
- Extensive experience with organizational capacity assessments, development of capacity improvement plans, provision of technical assistance, systems level strengthening and sustainability.
- Proven leadership and management skills to oversee a team and a demanding workload.
- Strong networking skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and adaptability skills.
- Ability to manage teams, projects, consultants, and plan for the successful and timely implementation of programs.
- Extensive experience working with local CSOs in Zambia.
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Previous experience building partnerships, working with donors, and managing complex relationships with stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English