The Audit Senior will carry out research and reviews and make any necessary recommendations to change policies, implement new systems or even change employee roles and team structures.
Sometimes working with an Audit Assistant, Audit Manager or Internal Auditor, the role of Audit Senior will work directly with the Finance Director and company directors.
The work of an Audit Senior ultimately helps companies fulfil their obligations to international and government compliance.
- Identify risk matters and present
- Produce reports highlighting issues and providing potential solutions
- Active engagement with senior staff to gain a good understanding of the business
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Plan and oversee the auditing process
- Allocate responsibilities to junior and staff auditors
- Review team members’ work for accuracy and compliance
- Perform effective risk and control assessments
- Complete audits on time and submit reports to auditing manager
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency