DelonJobs is seeking to hire a Senior Data Scientist for a tier-1 bank in Nigeria who will discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data as well as make smarter decisions to deliver even better products, services, improve the bank’s customer relationship and optimize business processes. The individual’s primary focus will be in applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) / Data Mining (DM) techniques, doing Statistical Analysis (SA), and building high quality prediction models/systems integrated with our platforms to bring Business Value. Annual salary is between NGN 14million – NGN 16million. Candidate must possess a master’s degree in appropriate field of study with minimum of 10 years experience operationalizing in real life / production of AI/ML/DM/SA solutions. If you consider yourself a match and are interested in this role, kindly send your cv with the job title and code (Senior Data Scientist – SDSAB211) as subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selecting building, optimizing AI/ML/DM/SA models, and operationalize them in productive environments.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Extracting, Processing, cleansing, verifying the integrity and quality of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner; constantly tracking of models performance.
- Integrate model outputs into business applications (like CRM, ERP), and Reporting/Dashboarding tools (Microsoft PowerBI, Reporting Services) or develop if needed web based front-end layers.
- Create informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
- Collaborate with Retail banking, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Operations, etc. to build scalable processes and metrics.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent understanding of AI/ML/DM/SA techniques and algorithms.
- Great communication skills, and ability to educate business persons to become data driven.
- Ability to uncover use cases from Retail Banking Business problems and needs; ability to translate business problems into AI/ML/Analytics use cases.
- Hands-on Experience with data visualization tools, such as Microsoft PowerBI, as well as web front-end developments tools.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, as well as ETL tools (Microsoft SSIS, Informatica).
- Data-oriented personality.
- Master’s Degree in appropriate field of study.
- At least 10 years of equivalent work experience in the Retail Banking sector.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in operationalizing in real life / production AI/ML/DM/SA solutions.
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience with common data science toolkits/frameworks (TensorFlow, Spark ML, Azure ML) and solutions/languages, such as Python, Jupiter, Microsoft AI/ML platform/toolset, SQL-Server ML.
- Minimum 5 years of Hands-on experience with Real-Time data Processing tool like Kafka, as well as with Spark.