DelonJobs is seeking to hire a Senior Kafka Developer Architect for a tier-1 bank in Nigeria who will drive all Bank-wide Kafka activities. The individual will work on other tasks as assigned by the Chief Data Officer. Annual salary is NGN 14million – NGN 16million. Candidate must possess a master’s degree in relevant field with minimum of 5 years experience of kafka development and kafka architecture building experience, ideally in retail banking sector. If you consider yourself a match and are interested in this role, kindly send your CV with the job title and code (Senior Kafka Developer/Architect – SKDAB211) as subject to email@example.com
- Responsible for full software lifecycle, design anddevelopment of microservices and Kafka solutions.
- Knowledge of consumer groups
- Ensure optimum performance, high availability and stabilityof solutions.
- Familiarity with cloud environments
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts(SQL-Server, Oracle), with strong knowledge of big data concepts (Spark, BDC,HDFS, Hbase, etc…)
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (written and verbal)and an ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment Strongunderstanding of Confluent Kafka
- Experience with Kafka stream data processing
- Deep understanding on creating, configuring streamapplication topics
- Experience developing a Kafka Producer API
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Expertise in building real-time, performant Kafka solution.Monitoring, redundancy, and performance tuning.
- Hands on experience with Kafka connectors and Kafka connectconverters.
- Knowledge of KSQL, K-streams, Kafka brokers, zookeepers andKafka Control center is a significant plus.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without beingconfrontational.
- Must demonstrate a deep understanding of API and integrationconcepts and technologies, such as REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, message queues, andintegration pattern/frameworks.
- Familiar with database and BI/Machine Learning/AI / Big Dataconcepts.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change managementconcepts and strategies, including communication, culture change andperformance measurement system design.
- MSc in relevant field.
- 5+ years of Kafka development and Kafka architecturebuilding experience, ideally in the Retail Banking sector.
- Excellent analytical skills, written and verbalcommunication skills.
- Strong expertise on Confluent Kafka.