Overall Purpose :
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst to keep pace with development to ensure software is release in timely manner and of the right quality.
- Developing a deep understanding of M-KOPA’s systems.
- Rigorous testing of M-KOPA’s application and channelling feedback to the development team in a clear, structured way.
- Analysing test output, identifying discrepancies and clearly documenting defects.
- Writing test scripts to be used in the testing process.
- Working as a team to ensure that M-KOPA’s system meet the set quality measures.
- Building and refining M-KOPA’s testing tools and methodologies.
- Define and implement testing and verification strategies for both mobile and server platforms.
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Work with customer service, product, and development teams to identify and track bugs.
- Review requirements specifications and provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Accountable for setting up and maintaining tools for test automation.
- Responsible for designing, running and reporting on automated test suites (Unit tests, SITs, Functional and Regression Testing – including all APIs) and tracking all bugs to resolution.
- Drive transformations in testing through automation to achieve higher levels of efficiency and reduce software testing time.
- Perform code reviews for automated tests for both mobile and backend components.
- A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related field
- Any certification on Software Quality Assurance will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Operating Systems
Skills and Competencies :
- Over 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong testing skills with the desire and ability to find bugs before others do
- Experience using software testing tools
- Experience building and working with automated testing
- Ability to differentiate between the developer’s and tester’s mindset
- Critical thinker with analytical skills and ability to see the big picture while at the same time paying attention to minute details
- Hands- on experience with Agile Lifecycle Management Tools: Must be a self- starter, results- oriented, and a collaborative team player who can work with distributed teams
- Hands- on experience with Agile industry best practices, to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Strong technical and analytical skills
Competitive covering a monthly salary
M-KOPA,as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file – the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself