Server / Desktop Engineer -SDE221
- Examining system logs to find probable computer system problems.
- Introducing and incorporating new technology into the settings of current data centers.
- Conducting routine system and software audits.
- Setting up backups.
- Updating, patching, and configuring the operating system.
- Setting up and putting in place new gear and software (e.g. database systems).
- editing user account information, changing passwords, etc. adding, removing, or updating.
- Addressing people’ frequently irate technical questions and dealing with them.
- Accountability for safety.
- Responsibility for system configuration documentation.
- Investigating any reported issues.
- Tweaking for system performance.
- Confirming the functionality of the network’s infrastructure.