- Good LAN/WAN network design and implementation skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills.
- Design and analytical troubleshooting of LAN, WAN network and Internet-data architecture with good knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP,OSPF, RIP etc).
- Good knowledge of installation and configuration of core network devices and its relevant integration to the network (LAN, MAN & WAN).
- Ability to use network monitoring/optimization devices (software/hardware) to proffer solutions to network related problem and optimize network performance where necessary.
- Understanding of the base station power supply (dc and ac) architecture and interconnectivity of relevant power devices/components.
- A hands on experience with the following is a must: IP Routing, MPLS, QOS, VPN, DMVPN. Knowledge and experience with network security (IPSec Firewalls) is desirable.
- A hand on experience with OSPF and BGP is desirable.
- Experience with Wireless Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint technologies is desirable.
- Must be able to follow multiple simultaneous projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Experience with leading inter-departmental negotiations, consensus building to reach common technical solutions.
- Strong telecommunications transmission skills (both Optical and wireless), IP design skills, in depth knowledge of IP Network Troubleshooting.
- Academic: BEng Computer Engineering, BEng Electrical Electronics or any IT related degree. (2.2/ Upper Credit Minimum)
- Professional: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate); CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- At least 2 years in telecommunications industry
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.