Delon Jobs is helping a leading service company in Nigeria to hire an intermediate-level software developer in Lagos. This position directly contributes to the development and maintenance of applications to support our business needs.Responsibilities include participating in the evaluation of business requirements; preparing application system specifications; developing, testing,and implementing application solutions; performing maintenance and support tasks on existing systems and writing technical documentation in support of assigned projects. Salary is between N3m and N3.6m per annum (including health insurance and pension). Please read additional requirements below and ensure you make your email subject ‘Software Developer 2020-01.’
In addition to job summary details, the following are requirements and relevant information:
1. Candidates are required to have minimum bachelor’s degree or HND qualification in Software Engineering/IT/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent.
2. Candidates should have five years software development; familiarity in developing object oriented systems using Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Basic.Net, Visual Studio, and SQL Server.
3. Candidate must be able to demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writting.
4. Insurance Industry experience is preferred.
5. Adept at resolving technical support issues, identifying root issues, and if necessary , escalating quickly.
6. Proactive at ensuring updates and upgrades are done as at when due
7. Handling daily monitoring of application and systems performance
8. Excellent creativity and adaptability
9. High sense of urgency and ability to meet tough deadlines
10. Great at solving and analyzing problems and solutions