Duties and Responsibilities
- Application Software Development Contribute to development of existing and new applications by analysing and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Contribute to development of new applications to meet customer requirements.
- Follow software development project plan and execute programming and coding activities within budgetary margins and timeline.
- Leverage programming tools that facilitate software development and coding; stay abreast of latest programming trends, and make recommendations to Team Lead, Software Development.
- Carry out end-to-end software development, and maintain code sanitisation through regular debugging of the programme
- Introduce automation into software development processes, conduct automation testing and audits, and release automation practices.
Applications Software Maintenance
- Monitor, identify, and correct straightforward software defects to maintain fully functioning applications software.
- Perform software management, change management, diagnostics, enhancement, optimisation, and system support functions (technical and user support) by diagnosing system problems and offering quick turnaround solutions.
- Support relevant team leads in regular system testing to protect system safety from cybersecurity threats.
- Collaborate with team of fellow software developers to align on software development progress and integration and implement mitigation measures if need be.
- Attend meetings with Team Lead, Software Testing and Lead, DevOps to understand client needs and incorporate software improvements during software development phase.
- Work with team of fellow software developers to draft weekly progress reports and submit to software development team lead.
Application Software Roadmap
- Maintain road map to facilitate application software development and ensure the development work is prioritised in line with business requirements.
- Document Preparation and Management Organise and prepare complex documents using a variety of computer applications such as Microsoft Office. Also responsible for gathering and summarising data for special reports.
- Create and ensure compliance with a companywide document management system.
- Design various systems documentation (logical design specifications) to be used in implementing the systems, including architecture, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, etc Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the software.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on ensuring that IT applications meet required specifications by designing,
- executing and reporting on tests of systems and services.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to analyse data from multiple sources to draw appropriate conclusions and make suitable recommendations.
Data Collection and Analysis
Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analysing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on monitoring, diagnosing and fixing technological problems.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on the development and implementation of website structure and content.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing software using programming languages.
Verbal and Written Communication
- Uses clear and effective verbal and written communication skills without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on expressing ideas, requesting actions and formulating plans or policies.