- Analyse user requirements.
- Write and test code, refining and rewriting it as necessary and communicate with any programmers involved in the project.
- Research, design and write new software programs (e.g. Business applications or computer games) and computer operating systems.
- Evaluate the software and systems that make computers and hardware work.
- Develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- Integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together where possible.
- Create technical specifications
- Write systems to control the scheduling of jobs or to control the access allowed to users or remote systems
- Write operational documentation with technical authors
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Work closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- Consult clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems, with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems
- Investigate new technologies
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Managing the software development life cycle
- Analyzing applications and making recommendations for improvement
- Developing software solutions by studying user needs, data usage, and systems flow.
Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree with 3 – 4 years relevant work experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Application for the role of Software Engineer" as the subject of the email.