- Line managing the HR Manager, Logistics Officer, IT officer, Storekeeper
- Ensuring Concern Chad is fully compliant with national employment legislation and requirements as well as Concern’s global HR policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the national staff HR manual and all associated documents are up-to-date and are shared with all staff. Ensuring they understand and are trained on Concern’s policies and Safeguarding mechanisms, and ensuring that mechanisms to report and reduce potential for abuse are functioning effectively.
- Overseeing grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Leading the implementation of a national HR system. Overseeing the logistics arrangements for visitors
- Leading salary and benefit review processes and ensuring results are analysed and shared with SMT and other staff as appropriate.
- Overseeing the management the Health Insurance provision for National Staff.
- Promoting a gender balance at all levels in the workforce.
- Agreeing on HR targets with SMT for recruitment and ensuring these are met.
- Ensuring an effective performance development review (PDR) system is in place and ongoing training is provided to line managers and staff.
Identifying strategic training needs.
Ensuring each systems team member understands what is expected of them.
Monitoring and reviewing team performance; giving corrective feedback where required and taking decisive action in the case of poor performance.
- Ensuring the systems function is meeting its commitments to providing a safe working environment.
· Developing a multi-year plan for asset replacement (fleet and IT)
· Managing the fixed asset register and ensuring all assets are managed and accounted for in line with Concern and donor policies
· Ensuring timely and routine disposal of assets, equipment and furniture to ensure maximum economic return.
· Ensuring national and international environmental standards are adhered to during disposal
Facilities management & Administration
· Ensuring adequate supplies, staffing and support systems are in place for all Concern’s premises
· Ensuring leases for premises are actively managed and contracts assessed
· Ensuring all issues related to government authorisations are managed proactively.
· Ensure all offices, guest houses and international staff residences meet security, health and safety standards.