· Reviewing procedures in all locations with regular monitoring and support visits (up to 25% of the time in the field) to ensure standard policies are adhered to.
- Carrying out logistics, admin and security assessments for all new programmes and establishing systems for new locations and interventions.
· Managing information systems to monitor and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of Admin, HR, IT, transport and logistics departments
· Reviewing of all external contracts to ensure consistency, clarity and minimize liability for Concern.· Ensuring overall compliance with Concern’s global standards, procedures and policies.
· Leading on development and implementation of environmental standards and practices across Concern operations in Chad
Logistics management (Procurement, Stock & Fleet)
- Offer technical guidance and support to Logistics Officers and Base Manager, training, supporting and checking personnel involved in logistics.
- Ensuring efficient procurement of goods and services in a transparent and accountable manner, ensuring value for money for the organisation and justifiable use of donor funds.
- Preparing and overseeing an annual procurement plan for each programme, establishing and maintaining a Pre-Qualified Suppliers list, leading on tendering, contracting and international procurement.
- Ensuring that all procedures and controls are in place for warehouse management.
- Ensuring up-stream stock moves through the supply chain effectively. Review and refine stock control and reporting as required.
- Ensuring a clear, well-documented paper trail in systems files.
- Ensuring cost effective maintenance and utilisation of fleet vehicles.
· Ensuring accurate and timely transport reports and any recommendations to SMT.
· Assessing the transport requirements of the country programme on a regular basis and ensuring appropriate solutions are implemented.
· Ensuring fuel management practices and procedures are tightly controlled and regularly reviewed.
People management and HR
- Line managing the HR Manager, Logistics Officer, IT officer, Storekeeper
- Ensuring Concern Chad is fully compliant with national employment legislation and requirements as well as Concern’s global HR policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the national staff HR manual and all associated documents are up-to-date and are shared with all staff. Ensuring they understand and are trained on Concern’s policies and Safeguarding mechanisms, and ensuring that mechanisms to report and reduce potential for abuse are functioning effectively.
- Overseeing grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Leading the implementation of a national HR system. Overseeing the logistics arrangements for visitors
- Leading salary and benefit review processes and ensuring results are analysed and shared with SMT and other staff as appropriate.
- Overseeing the management the Health Insurance provision for National Staff.
- Promoting a gender balance at all levels in the workforce.
- Agreeing on HR targets with SMT for recruitment and ensuring these are met.
- Ensuring an effective performance development review (PDR) system is in place and ongoing training is provided to line managers and staff.
- Identifying strategic training needs.
- Ensuring each systems team member understands what is expected of them.
- Monitoring and reviewing team performance; giving corrective feedback where required and taking decisive action in the case of poor performance.
- Ensuring the systems function is meeting its commitments to providing a safe working environment.
· Developing a multi-year plan for asset replacement (fleet and IT)
· Managing the fixed asset register and ensuring all assets are managed and accounted for in line with Concern and donor policies
· Ensuring timely and routine disposal of assets, equipment and furniture to ensure maximum economic return.
· Ensuring national and international environmental standards are adhered to during disposal
Facilities management & Administration
· Ensuring adequate supplies, staffing and support systems are in place for all Concern’s premises
· Ensuring leases for premises are actively managed and contracts assessed
· Ensuring all issues related to government authorisations are managed proactively.
· Ensure all offices, guest houses and international staff residences meet security, health and safety standards.
- Acting as Security Focal Point for Concern Worldwide Chad and liaise with Security Focal Points from each field office and with other INGOs.
- Supporting Security Focal Groups in each location and ensure they have the knowledge and information to operate successfully.
- Reviewing and updating of the Concern Worldwide Security Management Plan.
- Ensuring all new staff and visitors receive thorough security briefings
- Ensuring Concern’s IT policy and procedures are understood and adhered to by all staff.
- Ensuring provision of effective support systems, enabling the smooth operation of IT systems and management of information (including the servers, encryption, backup and protection mechanisms).
· Ensuring that all HF, VHF and other communications equipment is operational, used in line with communications policy and that requisite training is provided to staff on usage protocols
· Liaise with Dublin IT support and the Regional IT Advisor in relation to IT maintenance and IT equipment and management.
· Developing staff IT capacity, skills and confidence in using common software packages.
- Identifying and implementing potential savings and making recommendations to SMT.
- Preparing administration and transport and national salary budgets and track related expenditure. Proactive identification of issues for discussion with budget holders and SMT.
· Costing systems requirements for funding applications.
· Identifying all donor-specific system requirements to ensure compliance**