Delon Jobs is helping a leading bank in Lagos to hire Technical Writer. The successful candidate will be responsible for effectively interacting with other writers, software developers, data scientists, product managers, and project leads to create documentation and materials to boost user experience on our client’s digital platform.
Please read additional requirements below before applying. If you are interested in the position, kindly send cover letter and updated CV to email@example.com , and ensure you make your email subject ‘Technical Writer’
In addition to the job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including: User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc.).
- Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, and hands-on experimentation.
- Communicate with product designers and developers to understand product details
- Edit existing developer-written content in preparation for publication
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Collaborate with technical staff
- Update existing docs to reflect changes to functionality.
- Monitor metrics on the usage of training materials as well as direct customer feedback to prioritize future training investments.
- Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience
- A bachelor’s degree (Minimum of 2.2) in Computer Science or relevant field is required
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams.
- Experience writing content for software applications using a CMS.
- A familiarity with API documentation for REST or. NET APIs.
- A familiarity with working and experimenting with code samples to better understand the needs of API consumers.
- Rest API’s