Refine and clarify the role of the AECF board, shareholder, donors and management executives in the context of good corporate governance (specifically, clarify the role of each stakeholder and reporting lines). Review AECF’s governance documents, including the constitution, Donor Coordination Group terms of reference, Board Charter, etc to ensure they are reflective of the approved governance structure.
· Develop a skills mix matrix that will inform the selection of Board members for AECF in future.
· Design a guiding document that shall define the role of the Board and delineate how the Board will carry out its responsibilities.
· Design a document that shall define how AECF shall engage with its stakeholders at all levels to enhance the accountability and performance of those entrusted to manage the entity.
· Design a document that defines the mandate of Shareholder, Board, Donor and Management.
· Propose any additional governance processes and structure that can be used to direct and manage business affairs of the company towards enhancing prosperity and corporate accounting with the ultimate objective of realizing the long-term value of the Company and its stakeholders
· To provide recommendations for the effective functioning of the AECF and its stakeholders.
· Propose governance training for Management and Board, as may be deemed necessary.
· Provide implementation support for the recommended governance enhancement measuresng