Development of ecoguard training systems
- Coordinate the development of training tools necessary for the training of eco-guards (basic levels and team leader)
- Contribute to the sub-regional validation process of the skills of competencies and training curricula for the two levels of eco-guards
- Assess the feasibility of a certification system for traditional knowledge in Central Africa for Protected Areas management
- Support the administrations responsible for the management of protected areas in the process of certification and institutional anchoring of the training program for eco-guards for each of the target countries.
Coordination and monitoring of training sessions’ implementation
- Contribute to the annual planning of training sessions for eco-guards in the 7 target countries
- Develop the criteria and participate in the recruitment of the principal trainers to lead the training sessions for eco-guards planned in the different countries.
- Organize the training of the principal trainers from each of the target countries
- Coordinate the organization of training sessions in close collaboration with protected area managers and trainers retained in each of the target countries
- Work as a trainer in training sessions
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of training sessions
- Ensure communication with the Delegation of the European Union in Gabon and sub-regional technical assistance from the ECOFAC6 program on the implementation of training sessions;
- Ensure strict compliance with the technical, administrative and financial management procedures of the European Commission;
- Coordinate the drafting of periodic progress reports on the implementation of training sessions for eco-guards;
- Follow up on the recommendations from the various monitoring and evaluation documents, including taking into account the gender dimension and indigenous populations during the organization of training sessions;
Communication and visibility of the project
- Plan, and implement, in close cooperation with the ECOFAC 6 sub-regional technical assistance, communication and visibility activities aimed at raising awareness of the project’s objectives and the support received from the EU.
- Ensure the dissemination of all relevant documents to ECOFAC 6 program partners;
- Facilitate and regularly disseminate the conclusions and lessons learned from the implementation of project activities to national teams, partners and other relevant actors in coordination with sub-regional technical assistance from the ECOFAC 6 program;
- Prepare the meetings of the steering committee by providing the required documentation and highlighting the issues of concern to be addressed;
- Facilitate and promote the sharing of experiences regarding ecoguard training between countries and ECOFAC 6 program partners.
- Masters Degree in biology or human sciences
- Demonstrated understanding of the job-skills approach and training in a professional environment;
- Demonstrated experience in Protected Areas management in Central Africa and the job of the ecoguards;
- Experience in setting up and implementing training programs for adults and particularly eco-guards
- Demonstrated strong project management experience;
- Sense of dialogue, listening skills, excellent interpersonal skills and fluency in a multi-actor and multicultural environment;
- Good synthesis and writing skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of the threats and challenges facing protected areas in Central Africa;
- Have excellent analytical, synthesis and facilitation skills for workshops or seminars;
- Experience in managing projects funded by the European Union would be appreciated;
- Professional proficiency in French is mandatory. Knowledge of English or even Portuguese would be greatly appreciated.
candidates meeting the above criteria are invited to apply. Applications should
be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for applications is 29
June 2020. Please include in the subject line of your email: Technical
Assistant, Training and Capacity Building