The CEDAMM training center managerwill be responsible for making CEDAMM a sub-regional champion for eco-guardstraining. The training center manager will supervisethe planning, implementation and monitoring of all project activities atCEDAMM.
CEDAMM infrastructure development and outreach
- Contributeto the development of the procurement plan for all the services planned for theproject;
- Supervise the construction of new buildings atCEDAMM;
- Supervise the energy transition of CEDAMM byinstalling a solar panel system;
- Participate in the development andimplementation of a strategy for the sustainable funding of CEDAMM;
- Contribute to the institutional anchoring ofCEDAMM in Gabon and in the sub-region of Central Africa.
Management and implementation
- Develop annual, quarterly and monthly work plans for the implementation ofproject activities;
- Ensure operational monitoring of activities carried out at CEDAMM;
- Ensure regular financial monitoring (monthly, quarterly, annual) of CEDAMM in coordination with the Administrative andFinance Department;
- Implement all WCS and donor procedures in terms of administrative andfinancial management;
- Prepare periodic progress reports for project activities;
- Organize the semi-annual physicalinventory of CEDAMM materials and equipment;
- Organize control of supplies, stocksand distribution of purchases
- Ensure the management of WCS staff working at CEDAMM.
T raining sessions implementation at CEDAMM
- Organize training sessions for the principal trainers and eco-guardsat CEDAMM (basic training for Gabon and training of team leaders from thesub-region)
- Support trainers in the design of trainingcourses and the production of teaching materials
- Participate in training sessions as a trainer
- Set up CEDAMM training and performanceevaluation systems
- Prepare periodic reports on training activities.
Communication and visibilityof the project
- Plan, and implement, in close cooperation with the ECOFAC 6 sub-regionaltechnical assistance, communication and visibility activities aimed at raisingawareness of the project’s objectives and the support received from the EU.
- Ensure the dissemination of all relevant documents to ECOFAC 6 programpartners;
- Facilitate and regularly disseminate the conclusions and lessons learnedfrom the implementation of project activities to national teams, partners andother relevant actors in coordination with sub-regional technical assistancefrom the ECOFAC 6 program;
- Prepare the meetings of the steering committee by providing the requireddocumentation and highlighting the issues of concern to be addressed;
- Facilitate and promote the sharing of experiences regarding ecoguardtraining between countries and ECOFAC 6 program partners.
Degree in biology or human sciences
strong project management experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of the job-skills
approach and training in a professional environment;
- Demonstrated experience in Protected Areas management in Central
Africa and the job of the ecoguards;
- Sense of dialogue, listening skills, excellent
interpersonal skills and fluency in a multi-actor and multicultural
- Good synthesis and writing skills;
- Have excellent analytical, synthesis and
facilitation skills for workshops or seminars;
- Experience in managing projects funded by the
European Union would be appreciated;
- Professional proficiency in French is
mandatory. Knowledge of English or even
Portuguese would be greatly appreciated.
candidates meeting the above criteria are invited to apply. Applications should
be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for applications is 29
June 2020. Please include in the subject line of your email: CEDAMM