Delon Jobs is helping Africa’s leading integrated digital, payments and commerce company to hire DevOps Engineer in Lagos. The successful candidate will implement and monitor robust, stable and highly available technology platforms (i.e. systems, applications and services) that drive company’s business solutions. The position is based in Lagos and he/she will report to the Head, Enterprise Application Management. Salary is negotiable.
Please read additional requirements below before applying. If you are interested in the position, kindly send cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and ensure you make your email subject ‘DevOps Engineer’
In addition to job summary details, the following are other requirements and important information:
Deployment of Applications
- Build and Deployment Management (Jenkins) in a CI/CD workflow
- Automation of Server management, incident resolution and deployment processes
- Use of Chef, Puppet or Ansible for automation of processes, systems and server management.
Application Environment Management
- Ensure 24×7 Availability of all Deployment Environments.
- Linux and Windows operating systems management and Shell scripting.
- Cloud Solutions Management.
- Management of distributed systems and container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes container infrastructure and orchestration.
- Create visibility into site health and key performance indicators
- Configuration of Load Balancing Systems
- Ensure up-to date patching and full compliance to security standards of the Deployment Environments.
- Ensure up-to date documentation on the Deployment Environments
- Troubleshoot reported issues, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
- Working with technical support engineers to resolve critical incidents.
- Create and update clear troubleshooting guides for the Switching Applications
- Implement Requests relevant to the operation and enhancement of Managed Applications and Environments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Good first degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or other related fields.
- Service Management Certifications (e.g. ITIL) is an advantage
Experience (Number of relevant years):
- Minimum (2) years relevant experience
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Database Administration
- Capacity management
- Programming principles, techniques and practices (Python, Ruby, Go etc)
- Availability management
- Knowledge of Platforms
- Knowledge of Products
- Systems Design and Integration
- System Security
- Network Operations/Administration
- Systems knowledge (e.g. Postilion, Stratus)
- Analytical Skills
- Research skills