- Minimum of 8 years experience, 6 years in the telecoms sector, with 4 years at senior management level of large, multi-function and multi-funded organizations.
- Strong experience managing large networks with multiple vendors, diverse equipment and scenarios.
- Experience in data communication network projects.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and generating results from diverse and multi-skilled teams.
- Experience in managing pre-sales engagement in a fast-paced environment will be an added advantage; customer-facing role, capturing requirements and providing solutions to customers and prospects.
- Server deployment and management
- Level 2 & 3 service support
- Knowledge of and experience in deploying:
- Solutions protocols – BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS Optics, Microwave communication Switching and management – VLAN, STP, access lists – MPLS/VPN, VPLS, MP-BGP, LDP, L2TP
- DHCP solutions
- Wi-Fi requirements.
- Experience in handling Cisco iOS and Huawei VRP
- Network design, planning, administration and maintenance
- Network troubleshooting and resolution of IP/MPLS/WAN/LAN connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting of connectivity on entire the network (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- IP equipment deployment and management
- Strong experience in the installation, maintenance, configuring and troubleshooting of IP equipment such as Huawei and Cisco core routers & switches.
- Management and monitoring of all network elements using monitoring platforms
- Prompt diagnostic and repair of faulty network equipment in different remote POPs locations by liaising with the field engineers.
- Management of IPv4/IPv6 resources and bandwidth allocation for optimal performance
- Knowledge transfer to other team members
- Masterful deployment of LAN, MAN solutions; CPEs; router, switches, access points and controllers
- IP traffic engineering & QoS
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong team player
- Mature, credible and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality as regards all aspects of Company related business
- Result- oriented, self-driven with a clear focus on provision of excellent services
- Ability to embrace and drive change with the skills to generate team ownership.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, including management report writing skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skill
- Reliable, tolerant and an emphatic communicator
- Excellent presentation skills and able to organize meetings
- Customer service mindset
- Integrity and honesty