- We are looking for a Cybersecurity Analyst to join our team to assist in proffering consulting and offering advisory services to our client’s organization.
- A Cybersecurity Analyst’s responsibilities include reviewing computer networks and identifying any potential vulnerabilities, installing the necessary software in order to protect it from unauthorized access, and documenting detections so that future breaches can be mitigated efficiently.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause
- Work with the security/I.T team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Perform penetration testing
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management
- Assist with the creation, maintenance, and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues and clients.
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches
- Test and evaluate security products
- Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Engage in 'ethical hacking, for example, simulating security breaches
- Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
- Investigate security alerts and provide incident response
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users.
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Give advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Cybersecurity Analyst or similar role
- Experience in information security or related field
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
N50,000 – N100,000 / month.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.