DelonJobs is seeking to hire a Data scientist for a leading financial institution in Nigeria. The individual must be able to provide balanced analytical research by turning raw data into valuable insights that help to drive the Bank’s actions and strategies; Interpret and analyze data from multiple sources to come up with imaginative solutions to problems.
- Develop programming in R, SAS, SQL or similar analytical development tools
- Maintain knowledge in statistics, mathematics, and/or comparable quantitative area of expertise
- Responsible for collaborating with analysts to facilitate the development and application of advanced analytic strategies and tactics
- Ascertain and apply strategies to identified business problems and existing organizational processes to provide leaders with insightful resources for decision-making and to increase sales, profit, market share, and achieve enterprise goals
- Utilize R, SAS, SQL, Tableau or other analytical development tools with large data sets to design analyses and measure key metrics
- Support line of business analytical needs with dashboard/report development through Tableau
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL
- Strong STEM background – Bachelor's degree as well as practical experiences in Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning (Tensor flow), Statistical Modelling, Quantitative Analysis, Forecasting, Data Visualization
- 2-6 years of working experience as a data scientist or business data analyst, preferably in the financial services industry
To apply, kindly send your CV with the subject “Data Scientist – DSAB231” to email@example.com.