Head of Programmes (Features / Documentary)
- We are looking for a strong leader and team player who can help develop ideas and supervise the production of strong investigative and documentary features for the channel.
- In return, we can offer an exciting and engaging place to work, with a real focus on making a difference through impactful journalism.
- Guide team to present fresh ideas and approaches in presenting quality programming to a diverse audience.
- Oversee planning calendar and teamwork schedules
- Manage deployment of staff
- Assessing training needs and making recommendations to management.
- Work collaboratively with other teams such as assignment editors, operations, creatives, reporters, digital producers.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for the productions of features and documentary. Develop a well-rounded and creative production team
- Establish an effective workflow for this team
- Display creativity and enterprise in responsibility for the overall vision, content, editorial planning, and day to day operations
- With significant experience in with a News channel producing documentary and features.
- You will have extensive knowledge of current affairs, events, business, economy, politics and development journalism.
You will also:
- Be a trained journalist and/or have an as strong journalistic background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Have management skills, and capable of inspiring teams
- Thrive under pressure
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.