- This candidate will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources activities, plans and programmes; manage the organisation’s team to ensure a productive workplace, uphold the corporate values and culture of the organisations; engage in employee relations, drive employee performance, and implement HR strategies and systems for growth.
- Our client, a leading Architectural firm located on the Island in Lagos and, its Nonprofit arm seeks immediate employment of an HR Manager.
- Managing the recruitment and selection process.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures across the organization.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations’ human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Nurture a positive working environment, taking initiatives, and drive change.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance and rewards.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Maintaining department records and reports.
- Participating in administrative staff meetings.
- Recommending and implementing new policies, approaches, and procedures.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues.
- Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture in the organization.
- Employee Relations managing absence, disciplinary, grievances, sickness, etc.
- Training – Implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are dully adhered to and up-to-date.
- Any other duties as assigned by the MD/CEO.
- Degree in Industrial Relations/Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related fields.
- Master or an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in human resources generalist position.
- Age 30-40
- Good acumen and corporate management capability.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian labour law will be an added advantage.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager/HR Generalist/ HR Executive role.
- People-oriented and results-driven.
- Excellent active listening, interpersonal and communication skills, and presentation skills at all levels.
- Good on advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Great resourcefulness, with excellent leadership qualities.
- Rate of employee retention and productivity
- Employee performance and career management
- Low turnover rate
- Training & development
- Increased productivity after training
- Employee career satisfaction rate.