- IT Officer will be primarily responsible for assisting and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in TDH NGA Nigeria.
- The ICT Officer is will report to the Logistics Manager for and will work closely with the Logistics Coordinator and all program sectors to ensure proper ICT functioning and support
Responsibilities & Tasks
Installation & Configuration of:
- Servers, server operating system and software, desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, Firewalls, essential network services peer-to-peer or client-server architecture, as appropriate.
- Windows 10 operating system image.
Maintenance, Repair & Security:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all TdH NGA computers and network resources.
- Implement and manage backup solutions for office/individual users as per TdH NGA IT recommendations and provide the necessary training on the use of these back-up solutions.
- Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard the system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Create and maintain TdH NGA computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
- Create and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, system access, email creation request, upgrades and changes to the original network, etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Closely collaborate with the TdH HQ IT Unit on the helpdesk, connectivity and other in-country and global TDH NGA IT projects.
- Investigate local Internet connectivity options to obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity.
Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
- Develop and implement user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users.
- Test and evaluate new technology as required by the TdH HQ IT Unit.
- Prepare and submit regular reports that provide sufficient detail for TdH HQ to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is always upheld.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.