Principal Accountant, Community Levy
- Initiate plans and programmes for the assessment and collection of Community Levy proceeds, arrears of proceeds and any contribution arrears from Member States.
- Arrange for visit to Member States to investigate the assessment, collection and deposit of Community Levy proceeds into ECOWAS Accounts at the Central Banks.
- Liaise with the various Customs authorities in Member States for information on Community Levies collected.
- Arrange with the Central Banks to provide monthly bank statements on ECOWAS Community Levy Accounts on regular basis.
- Ensures the proper recording and reconciliation of Community Levy proceeds with National Offices.
- Oversee the operation of the Treasury Unit and make proposals to the Director of Finance on the best form of investment for surplus funds including surplus Community Levy proceeds.
- Represent the Finance Department at Inter-departmental and inter-institutional meetings which concerns the Community Levy management during the absence of the Director of Budget & Treasury.
- Ensures the provision of quarterly reports to management on the performance of Member States in connection with the collection and remittance of Community Levy and contribution arrears.
- Prepare annual reports the Administration & Finance Committee and the Council of Ministers on the implementation of the Community Levy Protocol.